Content Marketing is the most valuable thing you can do to fuel the growth of your online business.
When implemented properly, Content Marketing will attract a following of loyal readers that will in turn spread your message far and wide. An outcome that will amplify the results you desire from your business.
Before going further, let’s take a look at what content marketing is and is not.
Content Marketing is giving away free and extremely meaningful content that solves problems for your reader and turns them into prospective customers.
You can produce many forms of content. Blog articles, e-books, audio podcasts, video tutorials are all good examples of how Content Marketing can be delivered to an audience.
The key point to focus on is that no matter how you present your content it must be compelling. The more value built into your content the better you’re results will be.
Content Marketing is not about cranking out watered down content that could be easily found anywhere with a quick google search. Approach Content Marketing with this kind of mindset and you will not produce the results you’re hoping for.
Remember: Focus on your reader, keep it simple, and pack in the value.
Lets look at some good Content Marketing examples
- Interested in building amazing furniture for cheap? Ann White
- Want to be a better blogger? Problogger
- Need to brush up on your web copy? Copyblogger
These sources are a great examples of folks who produce meaningful content for a particular subject.
Content Marketing is valuable to your reader.
- It helps them solve problems on a topic they are seeking
- You become a valuable go-to resource for the reader on an ongoing basis
Content Marketing should be important to you.
- You create an audience and increase your volume of prospective customers
- More customers means more revenue and working capital (growth)
- Your brand becomes an authoritative source on a particular subject(s)
- You build an auto-expanding marketing engine right into your business
A few thoughts to keep in mind
- Content Marketing is not hard, but it’s a skill that needs to be honed
- Don’t expect instant results, this is not a magic wand (stick with it and watch the results happen as you continue)
- Get started early – don’t feel intimidated to share what you know with the world
- Show people the real you – don’t pretend to be flawless
7 easy steps to get you started with Content Marketing
What topics will you begin with? Get out there and start creating killer content.